Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What to do about Megs?

My housemate and I have (finally) come to the conclusion that this living arrangement isn't working out. The constant tension is... well, tense. And she's not really loving living with a zoo. Buster almost never comes out which makes me sad, and Punkin is pretty high on her shit list which makes me defensive of him (he's a spaz but he's my spaz). My foster kitten Megs is still sneezing so she can't go up for adoption yet (can't risk her passing something on to the cats at the shelter). I hadn't considered adopting her because I knew my roomie was at her furry limit, but now that we're going to be going our separate ways...

I love Megs and she's been with us for over two months now. She's older than a lot of the kittens at the shelter but she's really beautiful and she has a great purr so there's no question that she's still very adoptable. On the other hand she fits in really well with the zoo. She and Punkin have really bonded and it's so great to see him have a companion to play with, plus I love her spunk. I'll probably decide the right thing to do is let her go up for adoption, and bring home another foster kitten for Punkin to play with. It will suck to see her at the shelter and I know Punkin will miss her, but short term pain for long term gain, right?

No comments: