Saturday, March 13, 2010

Young Artists for Haiti

I've loved K'naan's Wavin' Flag since the first time I heard it.  The lyrics are really powerful.  57 artists including many notable Canadians came together to record Wavin' Flag to raise money for Haiti relief efforts.  100% of the proceeds to go Free The Children, War Child Canada and World Vision Canada. Among my favourites are Jim Cuddy, Jacob Hoggard, K'naan, Jully Black, Kardinal Offishall, Lights and Drake. Avril Lavine Lavigne makes a respectable contribution as well and Nikki Yanofsky is outstanding.  I don't know if all of the artists are Canadian.  Is Justin Bieber Canadian? I don't think he is but he's kind of irrelevant to me so I can't be bothered to look it up. I get goosebumps every time I hear the track or watch the video so I've posted it below.  Jim Cuddy and Jake Hoggard in the same room? My fantasy come to life. If you'd like to support Young Artists for Haiti it's easy, just purchase the track here.

No comments: